Please find below the essential information for submitting your Abstract.
General Information & Deadlines
1. Abstracts MUST be submitted electronically via the online submission system by the given deadline of 10 May 2021.
Abstracts received via fax, e-mail or received after the deadline will not be accepted and therefore will not be considered for the programme or publication.
2. Each author may submit one abstract only.
3. Abstracts need to be submitted for one of the following topics:
- including myofibrillar proteins, cytoskeleton, costameres, etc.
Mechanisms of contraction
including mechanics, energetics, Ca2+ regulation, single molecule studies, etc.
- including mechanics, energetics, Ca2+ regulation, single molecule studies, etc.
Development and epigenetics
- including growth, hypertrophy/atrophy, hormones, aging, clock, environmental effects, etc.
- including exercise, hypoxia and cold acclimation, non-contraction functions, isoform switch of sarcomeric/metabolic proteins, oxidative stress, etc.
- including neuromuscular junction, ion channels, membrane proteins, organelle interactions, Ca2+ dynamics and E-C coupling etc.
Energetics and mitochondrial plasticity
- including metabolism, signalling, OXPHOS, ATP synthesis, mitophagy, control of cell death, fusion-fission, pathology, clinical targets, etc.
- including signalling, mechanics, cardioprotection, adaptive changes, Ca2+- dynamics etc.
Smooth and specialized muscles
- including asynchronous insect flight muscle and mollusk catch muscle, extraocular muscle, diaphragma etc.
Cardiac and neuromuscular diseases
- including heart failure, cardiomyopathy, muscular dystrophy, and other disorders
4. A preferred presentation method should be selected during the submission from the following options:
- Oral Presentation
- Poster Presentation
5. Once the abstract is submitted it can be changed until the Abstract Submission Deadline of 10 May 2021.
6. All abstracts will be reviewed for its formal aspects and for the content. Abstracts will be reviewed for acceptance and for determination of the final presentation type.
7. Accepted abstracts will be published on the conference website. Abstracts not suitable for presentation will be rejected. Please have your abstract checked for correct spelling, punctuation, grammar and formal structure. The organiser reserves the right to edit abstracts if necessary.
8. All presenting authors will receive an evaluation notification via e-mail by 31 May 2021.
9. All presenting authors are obliged to register by 30 June 2021.
10. All abstracts must be written in English.
11. The abstract title is limited to 20 words and must be submitted using the sentence case (e.g., My abstract for EMC 2021 will be presented in Prague).
12. Up to 15 authors can be listed for one abstract (including the presenting author).
The presenting author is submitted first; other authors can be added only after the presenting author has been submitted. However, the author order can be changed if needed by swopping the names in the list of the authors.
The first name in the final author list is considered to be the main author of the study.
13. The abstract text needs to be between 150 – 250 words.
14. Tables and figures are not allowed.